As your Davenport Dentist, we provide quality, state of the art diagnostic equipment and employ digital X-rays for our patients safety.
Digital X-rays use 90% less radiation and gives our group of Davenport Iowa dentist better images than traditional x-rays.
Davenport Iowa dentists that use use digital x-ray equipment protect the environment because there is no harmful chemicals used that need disposal. And when we use digital x-ray or digital images, we can safely store your information in a safe place and backed up offsite to a safe location that protects your privacy and your information. This group of Davenport dentists employees many state of the art technology for your care.
As your Davenport Dentists, we invest in digital technology for your benefit. There are over 70 Davenport Dentists in the Quad Cities, make sure your Davenport dentists uses current and safe technology for your benefit.
We all hear that exercise is healthy especially aerobic exercise. And more is better, right? Wrong!
It turns out that recent research in Canada on endurance exercise or marathon type exercise shows maybe too much of a good thing is bad.
While moderate aerobic exercise improves our health and lowers our risk of heart disease, marathon type exercise or long distance running increase heart disease risk by 7 times. What?
Here’s some of the research findings:
1) Extended marathon exercise had a seven fold increase in heart disease risk
2) Long distance runners have increases levels of inflammation in their blood, not good.
3) 50% of long distance runners show evidence of heart muscle scarring
4) Long distance runners have diminished heart function after a long distance race.
5) Long distance runners have an increase in levels of an enzyme which indicates heart damage
6) Long Distance runners have increases levels of a stress hormone called cortisol. Ever notice how old long distance runners look?
Train like our ancestors did. Short bursts of intense exercise with intervals of rests or walking. When we hunted our meals, we walked, then we ran for short bursts with slower intervals in between. This type of exercise is called interval training.
I am reminded of the story of the original “Marathon” and what happened to the runner. When the Greeks defeated an invading army in Marathon Greece, the messenger or long distance runner, ran from Marathon Greece to Athens Greece, about 26 mile, to give the message of victory to the citizens of Athens. As the poor sole ran into the city yelling, “Nike, Nike” which means victory in Greek, he dropped dead from the long distance run.
As your Davenport Dentist, that’s the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.